Ellen is a registered Psychologist who completed her Master of Professional Psychology at Monash University. She completed her sixth year of supervised practice within a clinical and educational setting.
Ellen has previous experience working with children, adolescents, and families. From this, Ellen strives to take a holistic, affirmative, and collaborative approach with clients and their support network, such as families, teachers, and allied health teams.
Ellen is passionate about using a strengths-based and person-centred approach. She has an interest in supporting those who are autistic, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and those experiencing challenges with anxiety disorders, mood disorders, emotion regulation, social challenges and behaviour challenges. She draws on evidence-based frameworks such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, and Play-Based Therapy. Ellen also has an an interest in assessing autism, ADHD, Intellectual Disability (ID) and Specific Learning Disorder (SLD).
During sessions, Ellen aims to create a warm and safe environment, with games and creativity.
- Bachelor of Psychological Studies.
- Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honours.
- Master of Professional Psychology.
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy training
- 4-18 years of age
- Neurodivergence (such as Autism Spectrum and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity)
- Anxiety and stress
- Depression and low mood
- Emotion regulation
- Behaviour regulation
- Friendship skills
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Cognitive and Educational Assessments
- ADHD assessments
Want to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please call us on (03) 9988 7760.