Educational & Developmental Psychology Registrar
Elaine is a registered psychologist with a Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology. Elaine has experience in providing counselling and psychological assessments for children and young people. She has worked extensively in primary and secondary schools and paediatric multidisciplinary settings. Elaine has a gentle and encouraging approach to delivering evidence-based strategies to support children, young people, and their families on a range of emotional, developmental and behavioural needs. Elaine also provides comprehensive psychological assessments to support clients in understanding their cognitive, learning, social, emotional, and behavioural functioning. She works collaboratively with her clients and their support networks, including parents and carers, teachers, and other allied health professionals.
Elaine is passionate about individual differences and neurodiversity. Under a strength-based and person-centred approach, Elaine employs a range of therapeutic techniques, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, mindfulness, and the use of play in therapy, tailored to best suit client’s needs. Elaine commits to prioritising client’s unique strengths, interests, and individual needs, and aims to create a safe space for clients to feel heard and supported, and to work towards achieving their therapeutic goals.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours), The University of Hong Kong
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology, Monash University
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, Monash University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Anxiety and stress
- Neurodivergence (Autism, ADHD, Intellectual Disability)
- Emotional regulation
- Behaviour support
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Interpersonal skills building (social connectedness and friendship)
- Education support (school consultation, school transition and education planning)
- Cognitive, educational and neurodevelopmental assessments
Elaine consults on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Want to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please call us on (03) 9988 7760.