Educational & Developmental Psychologist
Cindy is an Educational and Developmental Psychologist and has experience in working in schools (primary and secondary), private practice and hospital settings. She is passionate about working with individuals across the lifespan and has interests in supporting individuals who are neurodiverse, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and identify as sexually and gender diverse. With a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, Cindy’s Master’s research looked at Mental Health and Bullying in Australian High School Students of Diverse Sexualities and Genders.
Cindy strives to support individuals and their families to live well and learn well through psychological assessment and intervention. Cindy is experienced in providing comprehensive psychoeducational assessments for children, adolescents, and adults, including assessments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, and specific learning disorders (SLD). Through assessments, Cindy aims to provide a holistic understanding of an individual’s cognitive, academic, social, emotional, or behavioural functioning and provide targeted feedback and strategies. Adopting a client-centred approach, Cindy draws from various therapeutic frameworks including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and mindfulness strategies and tailors them to suit various clients.
Cindy is fluent in both English and conversational Mandarin (Chinese).
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & Criminology), The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology, Monash University
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, Monash University
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy training – Dr Russ Harris
- Collaborative Proactive Solutions training – Dr Ross Greene
- Issues affecting individuals who are sexually and gender diverse
- Issues affecting individuals who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Anxiety and Depression
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Assessments – Cognitive, Academic, Educational/ Specific Learning Disorders, Behavioural
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Want to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please call us on (03) 9988 7760.