Educational & Developmental Psychology Registrar
Sami is a registered psychologist who completed her Masters of Educational and Developmental Psychology at Monash University. Sami’s special interest in child psychology was first sparked through her role as an Education Support Staff member at a local primary school. Since then, Sami has worked closely with children, families, teachers, and support staff, delivering assessments, outreach services, and programs across Melbourne, often as part of a multidisciplinary team (i.e., speech pathologists and occupational therapists).
Sami enjoys working collaboratively with clients and families using person-centred and strength-based approaches to therapy. This may include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), play therapy, and group therapy. Sami is also passionate about neurodiversity-affirming practice and is committed to helping clients to achieve authentic progress and to foster self-respect and self-advocacy skills. She has a strong emphasis on rapport building and developing a strong connection with clients by tapping into their interests and tailoring her approach to the individual.
Sami makes sure to stay up to date with progressive and best practice recommendations informed by new and current research from all over the world. She has previously conducted research herself into the use of therapy dogs in educational settings with Monash University, working alongside the Department of Education and Training (DET). Sami is looking forward to the time where she can have and train her own therapy dog in the future!
- Bachelor of Arts (Psych) – Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Advanced Psychology – Monash University
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology – Monash University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Primary school-aged children
- Early Intervention
- Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome
- Neurodiversity Affirming Practice
- Emotional and arousal regulation
- Social communication
- Friendships and relationships
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Anxiety and Stress
- Psychoeducation: children, siblings, parents, or teachers
- Behaviour support at home and school/kinder
Want to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please call us on (03) 9988 7760.