Alyssa is a registered psychologist with experience working alongside children, adolescents, young adults and families. She has worked extensively in multidisciplinary settings and has a professional background in disability advocacy and behavioural support.
Alyssa is passionate about supporting individuals through a compassionate, client-centred and neuroaffirmative lens. She strives to create an environment that is emotionally safe and respectful of people’s needs, using a warm, playful and empathetic approach when working with individuals and the important people in their life. Alyssa draws on evidence-based approaches including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to create supports that fit the needs, strengths and goals of each client.
In her spare time Alyssa enjoys cooking up a storm, watching documentaries and spending time with her two cats, Percy and Olive.
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology), The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology, Deakin University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Member of the Australian Association of Psychologists Inc. (MAAPi)
- Autism (particularly internalised and masked presentations)
- Intellectual Disability
- Emotional regulation
- Behaviour management
- Anxiety and depression
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Parent support and training
- School consultancy
- Psychological assessment (cognitive, educational, neurodevelopmental)
Alyssa consults Monday to Friday.
Want to book an appointment?
To book an appointment, please call us on (03) 9988 7760.